Saturday, 25 April 2009

The Fascinating China

Hello, everyone. I have managed to relate some of my experience in Beijing to sports and I have decieded to share it with you. First of all, China kicks ass. It's really to go there because our cultures are so different. One thing I noticed was that people did exercise in lots of places. THey did a variety of exercises and moves in a street gym which was really near the hostel I stayed at. When I find it, I'll post it. Plus, in the parks, there were lots of people doing tai chi moves, which was really cool. I even bought myself a pair of rackets. you are welcome to come and play if you like. here's the video:




it was also fascinating to see something which looked like a ritual to cleanse your spirit or something like that. it was like a long mantra. i was able to make part of it or something which seemed to be part of it. my attempt at repeating the mantra is depicted in the video. btw, i'm the one videotaping. ah! i also took the opportunity to show off and use the little chinese i had learned. so i went up to this lady who was like the leader or something and i said "zhe ge hen hao" which reads "this very good" lol lol lol. she seemed to have reacted positively and i was happy. anyway, we will never know if i cursed her mother by mistake. my intentions were good.



4 comments:

  1. This first video is awesome! It seems quite difficult but they do it so perfectly and smoothly! Simply beautiful!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Karen! Thanks for the comment! Yes, they kick ass! Even old ladies and old men have great flexibility. I can do a few silly tricks with my racket :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dan...My STS and I watched the video about Tai Chi and we're really interested to have a look on the rackets you've bought and try the exercise from the video. I was once a Tai Chi student and I'm planning to come back.

    XXX
    Maria Tereza

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Daniel!
    So you've been to China ... Cool!
    The videos you posted are great.
    xxx
    Angela

    ReplyDelete